Sunday, January 16, 2005

Playoffs?!?!?

Now, I don't mean to sound like ex Colts head coach Jim Mora, but I have to say, after watching one day of the NFL divisional round, it was quite the confusing day.

Game one - Pittsburgh/Jets - Blowout, right? No - Dougie Brien shanks two in the final 2 minutes to blow the game for the Jets (a game the Steelers should have won easily) - sure, they were long, but you're the kicker - you have one job, maybe two... hit that kick, Scott Norwood.

Game two - Rams/Falcons - Should be a tight game, right? Wrong. Falcons put up basically 50 on St. Louis, and it was never even close - and this rams team was supposed to have momentum, and the Falcons had "questions". Well, Questions answered.

So, after a resounding WTF shook the NFL intelligentsia last night, we have to figure out what the hell is going to happen today... and I have no clue, because after last night's games, I look like Jim Mora.

On a side note, as much as I like the Don Cheadle NFL commercials, it was... nice to see Rene Russo on there too, I know, she's old enough to be my mother, but whatever - that's one attractive woman.

No comments: