Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Nationals Pride

I like what I see lately.

The more and more I am around the DC metro area, the more Nationals Paraphenalia I see.

From what I can tell, this is a good thing - I mean, I was never part of the 33 years without a baseball team - even my hometown had a AA franchise - but I am happy to see that the area has responded so well to the team, despite the week of no baseball thoughts due to the city council.

Personally, I am psyched - I've always wanted to live in a city with a big league franchise, and splitting season tickets with friends will be great. Now, we may not have the greatest team ever, nor may we even make the playoffs, but I believe that playing in front of a packed house of 40k most nights as opposed to 5k poeple in Montreal will give a boost to the team.

In effect, I'm just waiting for the game that comes down to the young relief pitcher facing the big hitter - "Forget the curve, Ricky - give him the Heater!"

No comments: