Monday, March 14, 2005

Shafted

Absolutely Shafted.

The brackets came out last night, and I am more than just a little upset. Those of you who know my College Basketball allegiance well know that I am a Syracuse fan, and have been since I was a kid. I actually met members of the team and Coach Boeheim in 2003 after they won the tourney.

When you look at your bracket, you notice that 'Cuse is a 4 seed. Now, normally I wouldn't complain about that, only UCONN got a 2 seed - an absolute shafting of Syracuse.

Sure, UConn won the regular season Big East Title (tied with BC), but 'Cuse not only played more games (27-6 compared to 24-4) but 'Cuse also ended the season ranked higher in the ESPN poll. That notwithstanding, Syracuse BEAT UConn in the Big East Tourney Semi-finals, and beat them handily. 'Cuse went on to win the Big East Tournament!

Sure, other teams got the shaft too, but there is no way last year's champion deserves special seeding. Syracuse didn't get it last year. That being said... I don't have either making the final four.

Get your bracket Here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's not start picking on UConn here ;) Yes, amazingly enough, I was born and bred 40 minutes from there, and can't stand them.

Miss you Kanick!

The original
JLo :)

BkkE said...

hmmmm, interesting point

what about UNC getting a higher seed than Duke ?!?!?

all i care to point out is that NC State made it and Maryland did not. Go burn a mattress, terps!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Well, I like Syracuse a little more than I like Duke, but it's close :)

gohuskies! ;)

JL :)