Tuesday, December 07, 2004

A date that shall live in infamy...

I normally don't do this, but being a bit of a WWII buff... take a step back today, as you would on September 11th, and be thankful for the sacrifices of the many who got us through WWII, because without them, certainly none of us would be here.

Other news to catch up on since last week...

Giambi took steroids, so did Barry Bonds. I'm not surprised - I didn't even flinch. they went from my size to gargantuan in just a few years - nothing normal. Void his contract, pay him off, I don't care - Giambi's presence on the field, like that of Barry Bonds, detracts from the game of baseball - if I can't get them out entirely, then at least get Giambi off my team.

Yankee notes - good move, dumping Heredia on the Mets for Stanton (a proven Yank) and dumping the useless Kenny Lofton for relief pitching - I know Lofton still has moves, but the man just had no place on our team - good luck, Philly.

Giants notes - CATCH THE DAMN BALL! Yes, I mean you, Amani Toomer, and you, Ike Hilliard, and yes, even you, Jeremy Shockey. The Kid (Eli) is just a rookie - you think he's going to gain any confidence if you keep dropping the damn ball? Play like a team, once in your life, please.

Politics - Good for you, Eliot Spitzer - You've got my vote - now go convince the rest of NY that you can turn your focus to Albany instead of Wall St. I can help you, if you want. Call me.

Also, Kudos to Harry Reid, the new Dem Senate leader - fillibuster whatever you have to until we get intel reform - you ARE on the right side of this one.

Congrats, reader Jen L - not everyone gets a quote in an AP article - I'd link it, but I closed the window by accident... add it in as a comment if you'd like.

Not much else to discuss - am teaching myself Dreamweaver - wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/200312-7398-010.html
...for your viewing enjoyment :)

Hope everything is well with you...give a call if you are going to be around during the holidays...or anytime. Miss you!

<3 Jen :)