Friday, August 05, 2005

SUNY Oswego makes it to SI.com

Yes ladies and gents, the famous bagel throwing hockey fans made it to Sports Illustrated.

You can read all about it/see a picture Here - I won't spoil it for you.

I will say this, however - the article isn't entirely correct. We didn't just come up with this whacky idea for no reason, or because of a shutout. Oswego-Plattsburgh is THE SUNY hockey rivalry. Whenever Plattsburgh scored their first goal against Oswego during the games at Plattsburgh, they students always threw Tennis Balls onto the ice, because Oswego's away Uni's are all green. We wanted revenge, Plattsburgh's mascot is a Cardinal, and bread doesn't fly well. Enter the bagel.

How do I know this? I was there. Not often you can say that for something, but I still remember little Joey Storch and I stealing bagels from the dining hall to toss. Good times.

GO LAKERS! Section KAH lives on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss our bagel throwing days...